[ilds] reference - Fliess

James Gifford james.d.gifford at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 08:40:05 PST 2011

A quick online check gives the date as 1 August 1899, if Harry Trosman
is quoting it correctly in /Journal of the American Psychoanalytic
Association/.

As Charles and Michael Haag have pointed out, "modern love" was
"bisexual love" in the earlier forms of the novel, but Faber didn't
approve...  We had "much to talk about" on the list some 4 years ago!
You can search the list archives here if it's a help:

https://lists.uvic.ca/pipermail/ilds/

https://lists.uvic.ca/pipermail/ilds/2007-April.txt

The epigrams were discussed quite a bit when the listserv was moved from
Florida to British Columbia, so it's at the bottom of the Archive page
in April 2007.

Cheers,
James