[ilds] For love of Molly (TLS, 04 Feb 2011)

James Gifford james.d.gifford at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 11:04:29 PST 2011

Yes, Michael is a very fine scholar, and I think he was born within
shouting distance of the Canadian border, so the Northward pull must
have been irresistible.  The bookcases of his home have been featured in
some Canadian magazines as well...  He does good work.

I have a piece in Corinne's most recent book that gently muses over
genetic criticism, which is still largely a French activity outside of
the Joyce scholarship.  My co-author Michael Stevens, a young scholar at
Trinity College Dublin, did very good work on that piece.  The Joyce
scholars are doing more with genetic criticism than anyone else in 20th
Century literature, so far as I can see.

Cheers,
James