[ilds] Durrell and Joyce

Marc Piel marcpiel at interdesign.fr
Sat Feb 12 13:35:55 PST 2011

Ah, this post shows some sensitivity. Too often
posts pretend with statements like "in my
opinion". He wrote "Bitter Lemons" in the Ambron
Villa, not long after Nancy and their child had
gone to Palestine. He was in the middle of a war.
It is logical that he was filled with such
sadness, soft and subtle regret. Even if he had a
new beautiful woman at his feet. Before he was
forced to leave Corfu, he must have been aware
that there were problems in his family life and
this rupture with Greece could not be positive.
This last paragraph is "my opinion" and maybe I am
wrong.
@+
Marc