[ilds] Irreligious Humor

Bruce Redwine bredwine1968 at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 11 06:58:24 PST 2011

Bloom uses a passage from Monsieur as his epigraph for Omen of the Millennium:  The Gnosis of Angels, Dreams, and Resurrection (1996).  Gnostics have an irreverent sense of humor, as Bloom notes, "Some said that the 'laughing Savior' stood next to the cross, mocking the persecutors of his apparition or substitute" (pp. 249-50).  I'm sure he also enjoys the trilogy, God Is a Humorist.

BR