[ilds] White Eagles Over Serbia

Bruce Redwine bredwine1968 at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 10 10:08:13 PST 2011

Meta,

I mentioned White Eagles primarily because of its historical setting, which could appeal to a Slovenian readership.  It doesn't appeal to Durrellians.  I find it interesting because of imagery recurrent throughout Durrell's works.  Brother Durrell's My Family, etc. is undoubtedly a wise choice from a publisher's point of view.  It should sell and make money.  Bitter Lemons, however, is a better book.

Bruce