[ilds] quizz

Meta Cerar meta.cerar at guest.arnes.si
Thu Feb 10 02:48:04 PST 2011

Obviously the editor-in-chief likes the Quartet and is willing to give other
D's books a try. Dark Labyrinth was entirely my choice because I enjoyed
reading it, especially the Roof of the World part. Which, unfortunately,
doesn't mean I enjoyed translating it. For a number of reasons, the
enigmatic sentence about Draught in reference to English character being one
of them.

I haven't considered translating White Eagles yet. Do you recommend the
book?

In fact I just got an email from the publisher that they would now like to
publish Gerald Durrell's My family and other animals (obviously they think
Gerald will sell better than his brother) if they get the EU financial
support for the project. So Bitter Lemons will have to wait. They're asking
me if I'm willing to translate My family and giving me a few days to decide.

Meta

  _____