[ilds] quizz

Ilyas Khan ilyas.khan at crosby.com
Wed Feb 9 17:47:56 PST 2011

Bruce

I would be interested in your opinion, if any, of LD versus Robertson
Davies. They were virtual contemporaries, and both seen (and admired) by
their fan base as being utterly under-rated. In the case of Davies there was
a real move to have him nominated for the Nobel Prize.

He shares many of LD's traits, but is he more "readable" ?

Marc - sorry for intruding into this little tete a tete, but I was prompted
by the comment that Bruce makes about passing books onto American readers
who find LD unreadable.

Ilyas
(currently in Denver)