[ilds] quizz

Rony Alfandary alfandary at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 22:53:10 PST 2011

Davis,
You write: "writers, culture, beers, football teams, farmland and vinyards
sink beneath our wisdom like a stone."
now, isn't that a take on Dylan (Bob)?
certainly struck a chord, twanging, in my mind. i will let it vibrate for a
while and than ask for mercy and a clue..,:)
here in Israel LD is barely known. if I had a $ for each time i had to tell
people whom I was writing my thesis on, i would be very rich indeed.
what about translation?
only the first two volumes of the quartet have been translated.
i wonder whether Cortazar's wife's translation of the quartet into Spanish
made LD more known in the spanish speaking world.
Rony