[ilds] Durrell's Heritage - Ondaatje

James Gifford james.d.gifford at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 19:31:14 PST 2011

I'm told there's an overt allusion to Durrell in /Running in the
Family/, something to do with a crow, but I haven't actually pulled my
copy from the shelf and looked it up.  Are you feeling intrepid, Lee?

I'm always surprised to find how many Canadians allude to Durrell.  He
pops up in /The Water in Between/ by Kevin Patterson as well.  I can't
imagine Mordecai Richler's /Cocksure/ with /The Revolt of Aphrodite/,
but that may be anachronistic.

Best,
James