[ilds] Durrell's Heritage

Bruce Redwine bredwine1968 at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 7 13:12:43 PST 2011

Observe the meaning of "if."  Maybe it means something else in French.  Alas, I have no books in any language, so that's not an issue.  Another issue is the value of a large number of critics, but their low-regard of LD is not much in dispute.  I'll bet that Durrell is simply not taught or taken seriously in the major English departments in the U.S.  He wasn't at Berkeley.  And Harvard?  Bill can answer.

Bruce