[ilds] two-fisted what?

Bruce Redwine bredwine1968 at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 2 12:05:21 PST 2011

Bill,

Yes, it's hard to make sense of the whole book, for me anyway.  To be frank, I find Durrell's "attack," if such, a lot of rather cheap shots at his literary predecessors:  Keats and Shelley, two that I picked up on.  A respected scholar of LD tells me that I'm wrongheaded and have this completely wrong.  I think not.  So, I guess you're saying that the Lawrence Durrell of The Black Book was full of hot air, which was my original contention.

Bruce