[ilds] ILDS Digest, Vol 46, Issue 13

James Gifford james.d.gifford at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 15:20:47 PST 2011

Perhaps we can hope that the collective will for a better situation will
take hold.  I suspect that positive change in Egypt would develop the
taste for change elsewhere.

But, for Durrell, I think stability would have been his preference --
despite my post on his quasi-anarcho views in /Revolt of Aphrodite/, he
seems to have mainly wanted the world to level out...  To some degree, I
think that "stability" is behind much of his pro-British sentiments
about Cyprus: less pro-British and more pro-stability.

Best,
James