[ilds] MacNiven Bio

Denise Tart & David Green dtart at bigpond.net.au
Sat Jan 29 12:24:33 PST 2011

Bruce,

Not sure Bowker himself is convinced of the 'creative madnes's idea. He cites it but are we left to our own view of this? artist have used a number of terms to offset poor behaviour. look how rude Campion the artist is in Dark Labyrinth. I don't fall for it. Getting drunk and hitting women is poor conduct whether you are a truck driver or a famous writer. Interviews with Larry tend to show that he was far more workmanlike a writer than the 'creative madness' idea suggests. He got up early and got on with it - "like chopping wood".
Now I must get a copy of Revolt of Aphrodite and honour monsieur Gifford's idea of engendering some commentaries on these neglected works.

David Whitewine