[ilds] MacNiven Bio

Bruce Redwine bredwine1968 at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 28 20:20:47 PST 2011

Bill,

Any attempt to write a biography of Lawrence Durrell is a mind-boggling enterprise, both in terms of the complexity of the man himself and the huge amount of material required to absorb and analyze.  He was definitely a genius but also a very flawed one, which is probably the way we want our geniuses to be.  It was a pleasure to offer you the little assistance I could.

Bruce