[ilds] MacNiven Bio

Denise Tart & David Green dtart at bigpond.net.au
Fri Jan 28 15:44:40 PST 2011

William,

I have read Bowker's biography several times and can recommend it to you. yes, you are right that it has its problems and that Bowker does speculate at times, but it is a good contrast to tact of MacNiven, who as well as being a scholarly and authorised, is also a fan. Bowker, as his book title suggests, paints a darker picture of Lawrence particularly in relation to his treatment of women and his over fondness of alcohol; his creative madness being at times hard on people close to him. Read both a get a deeper picture - someone else out there is currently doing so and could perhaps ad to this commentary??

David Green