[ilds] online bibliography

James Gifford james.d.gifford at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 14:35:44 PST 2011

Hi Anne,

Good to hear from you!

For everyone on the list, please consider this an open call for help
with the online bibliography.  James Clawson and Grove Koger have
volunteered (at the last conference) to get involved, but I do suspect
that maintaining an online bibliography will necessitate a level of
technical expertise and free time that the three of us will find
challenging...  Grove is doing admirable work keeping the print
bibliography going in /Deus Loci/ as the formal record, but there's a
lot of secondary criticism out there still, especially in other languages.

I first launched the online bibliography as a way of making such work
easily available in a searchable format.  That creative commons idea
would still be my preference -- what say you all?  Proprietary systems
are easy to transfer to (RefWorks), but then they're proprietary and
hard to open up publicly.

Does anyone have experience with RefShare?

Alternatively, the bibliography is already available (in a rough form)
in BibTex, which is easy to update and is compatible with almost any
citation management software, including many OpenSource and free
applications.

As I noted in the first launch, "The Koger-MacNiven Bibliography has
been particularly useful, and Susan MacNiven's encouragement has been
greatly appreciated. Other major bibliographers include Cecil L. Peaden,
Susan Vander Closter, James Brigham, and Alan G. Thomas."  Those are all
still excellent resources.

Best,
James