[ilds] Dreaming of sunny Cyprus

Denise Tart & David Green dtart at bigpond.net.au
Thu Jan 27 11:31:28 PST 2011

Oslem, in keeping with my antipodean idiom, as recently described by James, I drink a glass of fine chardonnay to the idea of sitting under the tree of idleness discussing the influence of islands on the writings of Lawrence Durrell, about which I have recently written on this list and in other forms. Indeed I am soon to present a lunchtime (of course) seminar to my wife's book club group on islomania: the positive experience of Corfu and Rhodes turned sour on Cyprus.

Planning a tour of the Durrell island so the aforesaid Bellapaix meeting may well happen.

in vino veritas

David