[ilds] What has happened to the ilds list

James Gifford james.d.gifford at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 18:56:47 PST 2011

> has Australia's reputation as a nation of boozers
> provided a convenient stereotype?

Ahem (tongue planted firmly in cheek), this is the *Durrell* listserv,
dear David...  I don't think you can claim that reputation all to
yourself!  I'm simply pointing to the fact that you and our more
moderately climactic participants have a fondness for the vine.  I find
myself in more wintry neighborhoods most of the time.

More seriously, I hope you're staying dry while getting yourself wet.

But what of Bruce's conversations with the author?  There's more than an
extra glass behind that type of talk...

Best,
James