[ilds] What has happened to the ilds list

Ken Gammage Ken.Gammage at directed.com
Tue Jan 25 16:29:16 PST 2011

Very good David. A provocative post that should wake up the listserv! However, I'm not sure how well your example supports your argument. Rony sent a second post about Otto Rank that resulted in detailed and I'm sure very helpful responses from Charles Sligh and James Gifford. I have been a flagrant lurker for the past several years, enjoying the insightful and often beautiful writing by many thoughtful posters about Durrell, often responding directly and privately to the poster without necessarily having the courage to publicly offer my own sometimes contrary opinions (e.g. pro-The Greek Islands, where others find this coffee table book motivated strictly by lucre.)
You see - that's why I seldom post. I can almost sense the artillery cranking into place, preparing a fusillade of disparagement at my poor taste in Island books! (I still like Prospero the best.) Please see my kind words about Durrell on the last page of my Italy website: www.travelogorrhea.com<http://www.travelogorrhea.com>

Viva Durrell!

Kennedy Gammage
ken.gammage at directed.com<mailto:ken.gammage at directed.com>