[ilds] Ray, Patrick, Bruce and others

Charles Sligh Charles-Sligh at utc.edu
Mon Nov 1 11:04:35 PDT 2010

On 11/1/10 1:39 PM, Godshalk, William (godshawl) wrote:

>         Ray Morrison got his information from  Deus Loci 4 (1980) 3-11, in an essay by Patrick von  Richtofen.

Happy to oblige, Bill.  See attached pdf, for which I have scanned only
those pages making reference to Middleton & Durrell.

The remainder of Richtofen's piece treats /Tropic of Cancer/ and the
/Hamlet/ letters, but not Middleton's /Blacke Booke/.  This seems an
opportunity missed.

In my opinion, you have plenty of work to do on /The Black Book/ and
/The Blacke Booke/, Bill.  You know Shakespeare, Middleton,
Elizabethiana, &c. better than anyone else with a working knowledge of
Durrell.  Go for it.

My appreciation to the late Carol Peirce and Virginia Carruthers who
gifted me the full run of the Old Style /Deus Loci/.

Charles

Assistant Professor
Department of English
University of Tennessee at Chattanooga