[ilds] The Truth

Charles Sligh Charles-Sligh at utc.edu
Sat Sep 25 18:45:29 PDT 2010

  On 9/25/10 7:54 PM, Denise Tart & David Green wrote:
> It is said that Gideon in Reflections on a Marine Venus was a Durrell
> construction - but real to me and one of my favourite LD characters.
/Voila/!  There it is.

And if the idea of Gideon inspires you to travel from Australia to
Rhodes --  or makes you a new friend from the other side of the world --
or makes you feel a kinship with a man who has vanished from this planet
-- then something wonderful has occurred.

For myself, I like Ron the Parrot and Sabina.

C&c.

Assistant Professor
Department of English
University of Tennessee at Chattanooga