[ilds] Seeking the Truth

James Gifford james.d.gifford at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 12:42:08 PDT 2010

A good question!  Treece's novels are largely overlooked now, but his
politics are certainly still in them...  The lineage from Treece
directly to Michael Moorcock is easy to see as well.  But, that's really
not Durrell's cup of tea, err, whisky, errr style of novel.

I see more direct influence in the poetry between the two, and from LD
to Treece, not really in the other direction.

Cheers,
Jamie