[ilds] Seeking the Truth

Bruce Redwine bredwine1968 at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 25 12:30:30 PDT 2010

James,

Truth for the historian and truth for the poet -- two "different animals?"  Maybe.  This is probable the crux of this discussion.  But I don't know what this distinction means -- indeed, if it is correct.  And this is not what I take LD to mean by his relativity statement, which seems to me anchored in everyday reality.  True, he or his persona makes this claim in a fictional context, but the reference is to the real world.  He calls the Quartet an "investigation," so what is he investigating?  His own imagination?  No.  He's making claims about the world we live in, and that's why I call the statement "truth is what most contradicts itself" a bit of seductive nonsense.

Bruce

Sent from my iPhone