[ilds] Seeking the Truth

Bruce Redwine bredwine1968 at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 24 13:50:46 PDT 2010

Billy,

I agree.  But my question is, did Lawrence Durrell take himself "literally" or seriously when he or his spokesmen commented on the relativity of truth?  I think he did.  Obviously, I cannot speak for Tony Judt, but my guess is that he would have considered Durrell's statements re truth a lot of literary or fashionable nonsense, highly seductive because of the magnificent poetry, but nonsense nonetheless.

Bruce