[ilds] "two drunken snails dipped in permanganate"

James Gifford james.d.gifford at gmail.com
Sat Sep 18 17:43:49 PDT 2010

Notably, the corrected proof copy held in the McPherson Library, in
Victoria, bears a revision to the colour of the handprint described in
the book as a charm against evil.  That proof has two distinct states of
the jacket wrapped around it, but alas, the first is glued over, so it's
not fully visible.

Cheers,
James