[ilds] "two drunken snails dipped in permanganate"

Bruce Redwine bredwine1968 at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 18 15:02:41 PDT 2010

Charles,

I have Justine 1.2, not 1.1.  My previous error.

On this copy, the imprint of a blue hand appears on the front cover only, not the spine.  I don't know what LD was so upset about, assuming he wanted the imprint of a hand on the front cover.  Wolpe's design seems to me a good illustration of what Durrell describes on p. 45 of Justine.  Maybe he expected something else entirely, i.e., something the FBI might have done.

Bruce