[ilds] Justine impression 5

Bruce Redwine bredwine1968 at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 18 13:01:00 PDT 2010

The dust jacket of my Justine 1.1 also has the imprint of a blue hand.  The hand is Sappho-Jane's, no?  Cf. Justine, "The wall above the sofa was covered in the blue imprints of juvenile hands — the talisman which in this part of the world guards a house against the evil eye" (p. 45).  Apparently, the talisman didn't work.

BR