[ilds] Somewhere between Calabria and Corfu theblue really begins

Bruce Redwine bredwine1968 at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 8 10:22:10 PDT 2010

Gotta say no to the C. Morley allusion and go with a reference to N. Douglas, as Grove notes below.  Along this line, I always thought Iago's slur, "making the beast with two backs," was original with Shakespeare, but it wasn't — a note in the Arden Othello says the phrase was proverbial.  Still, Shakespeare gets the credit, and Durrell will too.

BR