[ilds] Bibliotheque Lawrence Durrell, Paris

Richard Pine rpinecorfu at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 2 09:45:22 PDT 2010

His extant working library in Sommieres (as far as I can recall) consisted of a
few hundred books, but previously a huge tranche had been included in the second
sale (to SIUC) of his papers, and these are well catalogued by SIUC.

Yes, he annotated his books with a variety of marginalia.
As I am working on his 'Minor Mythologies' (so well produced by Charles Sligh in
Deus Loci some time ago), I want to know what 'minor mythologies' are among his
books in Paris/Nanterre, compared to those in SIUC and what I have discovered
from other sources such as auction catalogues.
As you say, the courtesy of a response by Paris would be a start!
Maybe the ILDS as an organisation would have more 'clout' in obtaining a
response than an individual scholar such as myself...
RP