[ilds] "Our most exalted alumni was Lawrence Durrell"

Godshalk, William (godshawl) godshawl at ucmail.uc.edu
Sat Jun 19 12:15:50 PDT 2010

I met many years ago two Scottish/Dutch kids who were reared in the east. They spoken fluent English and Dutch --- and their parents found out one day, to their surprise, that the kids also spoke the local dialect (can't remember which) fluently.

Why not Durrell too?

Bill

W. L. Godshalk *
Department of English    *           *
University of Cincinnati*   * Stellar Disorder  *
OH 45221-0069 *  *