[ilds] Man in White Sharkskin Suit

James Gifford james.d.gifford at gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 12:17:00 PDT 2010

Very few critical works have mentioned Durrell and Aciman together as well:

Porter, Roger J. "Autobiography, Exile, Home: The Egyptian Memoirs of
Gini Alhadeff, André Aciman, and Edward Said." /Biography/ 24.1 (2001):
302-313.  (Mentions the Durrell conference, On Miracle Ground XI, in
Corfu, numerous times.)

Giovannucci, Perri. The Modernizing Mission: Literature and Development
in North Africa. Diss. University of Miami, 2005.

I suspect that the same way Durrell's Eliotic influences are displaced
by the "Old Poet of the city," Aciman and Lagnado may be avoiding the
elephant in the room...  I've not read the book, but are there
Durrellian allusions or influences, Bruce?

Cheers,
James