[ilds] my time mainly

James Gifford odos.fanourios at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 15:22:36 PDT 2010

I have a lively image of Ball by Clifford Harper posted to the board
over my desk...  I'm still trying to riddle out how the politics of
the unpolitical in Durrell's Heraldry might tie in with the tradition
Harper yokes to Ball's Blackheath.

I'm eager to hear more from Samantha.

-J

On 4 June 2010 14:22, Charles Sligh <Charles-Sligh at utc.edu> wrote:
> Samantha Brune wrote:
>>
>> When Adam delved and Eve spanned, who was then the academic?
>>

> By John Ball's Dream!  Now that's the spirit of Blackheath.
>
> More pluck for the plonk--"/John the Miller grinds small, small, small/."
>
> C&c.
>
> --
> Charles L. Sligh
> Assistant Professor
> Department of English
> University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
> charles-sligh at utc.edu

---------------------------------------
James Gifford, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of English and University Core Director
School of English, Philosophy and Humanities
University College: Arts, Sciences, Professional Studies
Fairleigh Dickinson University, Vancouver Campus
Voice: 604-648-4476
Fax: 604-648-4489
E-mail: gifford at fdu.edu
http://alpha.fdu.edu/~jgifford