[ilds] Haag’s Many Alexandrias

Charles Sligh Charles-Sligh at utc.edu
Mon May 3 18:50:45 PDT 2010

I am pleased to announce the publication in print and electronic form of
Bruce Redwine's bracing survey of the writings of Michael Haag.

I encourage all interested members of the Durrell list-serve to read
Bruce's article online at the following address:

        Haag’s Many Alexandrias
        Arion Vol.17.3 Winter 2010
        BRUCE REDWINE
        http://www.bu.edu/arion/haag%E2%80%99s-many-alexandrias/

I appreciate the fact that the publishers and online editors of /Arion/
saw fit to include the accompanying Alexandrian photographs.  Bruce's
/ekphrasis/ upon those old photographs, along with his close reading of
Michael Haag's prose style, are at once exemplary and provocative.

Work well done, Bruce.  Cavafy's shade smiles, I fancy, looking
something like La Gioconda.

Charles

Assistant Professor
Department of English