[ilds] Fw: ILDS Digest, Vol 38, Issue 1_DURRELL's Diction

Marc Piel marcpiel at interdesign.fr
Sun May 2 10:24:06 PDT 2010

May I suggest a pragmatic thought?

Wherever I go, I inevitably end up in a bookshop:
Everywhere I see LD books still for sale on the
shelves. This means they are still selling and to
me is proof that "sensibility" has not
disappeared. One could even hypothesise that maybe
the poorness of language on digital/visual media
ends up making us more appreciative. Every time I
re-read LD, I still linger over phrases, over and
over in appreciation of their sensitivity.
BR
Marc