[ilds] Durrell's Diction

Godshalk, William (godshawl) godshawl at ucmail.uc.edu
Sat May 1 14:32:50 PDT 2010

How little we know?

How very little we are able to know -- in the best of times and places. Fallible -- limited -- never really sure --

Almost totally ignorant. No that's an overstatement.

And then culture gets you and imposes its taboos.

Life is a jest and all things show it --

Have a beer on me.

W. L. Godshalk *
Department of English    *           *
University of Cincinnati*   * Stellar Disorder  *
OH 45221-0069 *  *