[ilds] sacring-bell (OED)

Bruce Redwine bredwine1968 at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 30 12:23:37 PDT 2010

Charles,

Yes, but that begs the question why certain terms stick in one's mind rather than others.  Now it may be that LD was so saturated in the literature of the English Renaissance that he began to think like an Elizabethan or a Jacobean.  Or he may have latched onto a vocabulary that had a special significance for him, conscious or unconscious.  Or, obviously, some combination of both.  I lean towards the second of the first two possibilities, which I find more interesting as a critical exercise.

Bruce