[ilds] "the BBC bohemia"

Denise Tart & David Green dtart at bigpond.net.au
Sat Mar 13 22:37:35 PST 2010

Good post Charles. I imagine Dylan Thomas visited all those pubs and more.

Have been teaching Dylan Thomas to my Year 11s and, apart from the fact that
they love his poetry (even if they dont always get it), I have plugged LD
too. In the the context of oxymorons I wrote up "the moon's cool fevers
burn" from Bitter Lemons and connected it to Wintry Fever from the Force
That... well, we had quite a discussion from there and now a new generation
of young Aussies have heard of Lawrence Durrell - and not the Durrell who
wrote My Family etc.

cheers Charles and please tell me if the Battle of Chattanooga battle field
is visible from your office window - although I am worried - maybe you are a
Confederate in the Attic?????

David

16 William Street
Marrickville NSW  2204