[ilds] ILDS Digest, Vol 33, Issue 11_Islomania_Bruce

Sumantra Nag sumantranag at gmail.com
Fri Dec 25 10:27:16 PST 2009

 Bruce,

Thank you for your good wishes, and my best wishes to you for Christmas and
the New Year.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all on ILDS. It's been a great forum
for correspondence!

Charles, Happy New year, if you happen to read this!

Incidentally, Bruce wrote: "I just took another look at that opening to
Marine Venus and was struck by how much it reminded me of Borges".

I have just started reading some of the stories of Borges. I've also been
trying to get a view of postmodern novels - as a sort of extension to the
novels of Lawrence Durrell. Any general comments on the genre of postmodern
fiction and Lawrence Durrell's novels - the novels of the Alexandria Quartet
in particular?

Sumantra
Message: 1