[ilds] durrell photos

Bruce Redwine bredwine1968 at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 23 18:14:27 PDT 2009

Charles,

Thanks.  Great photos.  I recall some of them from Life's big spread
on Durrell, probably in 1960, shortly after the completion of the
Quartet.  The main shot, possibly two-page, was a blurred photo of
Alexandria from the sea, with Durrell superimposed, if I'm remembering
correctly.  Maybe not.  I'd like to see it again.  It was almost as
compelling as Haag's dust cover for City of Memory.

Bruce