[ilds] regarding 'roman-gigogne'

gkoger at mindspring.com gkoger at mindspring.com
Fri Oct 23 13:15:51 PDT 2009

Jacob,

I believe that Blanford is talking about a "nesting" sequence of novels in which one can be pulled out of another. Durrell uses the same term in a letter to Henry Miller, saying that "Livia is the second in my huge roman gigogne." In another letter he refers to the sequence as "this cats cradle, roman-gigogne."

Grove