[ilds] real emotions and unreal figures

Godshalk, William (godshawl) godshawl at ucmail.uc.edu
Mon Oct 19 18:30:20 PDT 2009

Bruce writes:

Bill's next question might
be, "Why are they confusing things?" My reply, "They're just young and
childish, or they're old and childish."

I respond:

That's making light of complex issue. I think. Napoleon is at presence not amongst us. When he appears in a book of fiction -- and he does -- is he a real person or a fictional character? Both? Does context really count here? Or is Napoleon at present always just words, words, words?

And so on.

Bill

Bruce