[ilds] What's Hecuba to him, or he to Hecuba

Godshalk, William (godshawl) godshawl at ucmail.uc.edu
Sun Oct 18 14:41:00 PDT 2009

No doubt that our William also wondered about this very human habit -- "habit" is not the precise word. Are we humans hard-wired to react to the fake world of literature as if it were the real thing? Hecuba is a thing of words only in the material world, yet worthy a human's tear. So it goes.

I ordered Norm's book this afternoon. Perhaps he will tell me.

W. L. Godshalk *
Department of English    *           *
University of Cincinnati*   * Stellar Disorder  *
OH 45221-0069 *  *