[ilds] Bereavement

Bruce Redwine bredwine1968 at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 17 18:12:03 PDT 2009

Yes.  This is true of the travel books and the Quartet —both fiction,
but only the latter acknowledged as such.  What did some reviewer say
at the completion of the Quartet, something about great bereavement?
I took him to mean sadness at saying goodbye to the characters.
Durrell talks about this at the end of Sicilian Carousel.

Bruce