[ilds] Trading in national charcteristics

Bruce Redwine bredwine1968 at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 13 16:00:32 PDT 2009

Very interesting.  I wonder if the travel books, which are largely
"island books," can be studied in terms of some sort of progression.
That is, instead of treating them as personal accounts of particular
cultures and landscapes, looking at them as reflections of the
author's changing internal or psychic landscape.  That might be a
novel and telling approach, assuming it hasn't already been done.

Bruce