[ilds] Bravo: Not to be Known Always Wounds

Bruce Redwine bredwine1968 at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 9 15:02:42 PDT 2009

Yes, let me also congratulate David Green on his very good poem about
those "doubles," L. Durrell and H. Miller.  It's particularly apt
during this season of Nobel awards.  Undoubtedly those two coveted
such an award, but there's another side to LD, the one I recall best,
who has Mountolive quote from his father's preface to a Pali text:
"For those of us who stand upon the margins of the world, as yet
unsolicited by any God, the only truth is that work itself is Love."
That's the way I prefer to see M. Durrell in Provence.  That's the
Durrell who wanted, however seriously, to join an old man in some
remote Buddhist monastery.

Bruce