[ilds] Bravo: Not to be Known Always Wounds

Denise Tart & David Green dtart at bigpond.net.au
Fri Oct 9 12:29:48 PDT 2009

I quite enjoyed that. So sad in the collected Letters - hoping for a Nobel Prize that never came.

-- Ken

Thanks Ken. I wrote it after an afternoon in my study listening to ILDS lectures and seminars and interviews with LD, Miller reading his work and reading through Justine so this poem thing has many authors really and I'm just a cobbler by trade.

Fame can be fleeting. Durrell is lucky in a way that IDLS exists. The Americans have done much to promote him. His not being actually being English and his continental themes have probably limited the study of him in Britain.

Cheers

David

16 William Street
Marrickville NSW  2204