[ilds] Education of great writers

Bruce Redwine bredwine1968 at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 7 14:45:08 PDT 2009

Thanks for the correction.  Yes, not mentioning Virginia Woolf would
be a glaring omission, were I trying to list all the great writers of
the 20th century.  But I wasn't.  I'm speaking of the "High Moderns"
and the inevitable snobbism attached to such categorization.  V. Woolf
and D. H. Lawrence certainly make that list -- but Katherine
Mansfield?  I doubt it.  Just as LD himself is highly unlikely to gain
entry into the club, sad to say.

Bruce