[ilds] Suicide

PETER BALDWIN delospeter at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 20 13:46:13 PDT 2009

No disagreement, really, Bruce

I just sensed that what LD said to me was not a 'mischief'.

Jamie Gifford may add more to this than I possibly could, but I continue to marvel the promise of hope which Larry wrote into his novels despite tough life he experienced, some self-imposed.

At a simple emotional level, the LD we see in Brewster's Chronology is a very much sadder man than the artist whom we see in the books

Indeed, it is Larry's power to mislead and lay false trails about his personality which fascinates some of us so much. On a personal level, I have to overcome a lot of self-doubt so that as a lawyer in court at least I sound as if I know the script!

Jamie - would you like me to find the Endpapers and Inklings from Anteus and attach them to this exchange?

peter