[ilds] Suicide

Bruce Redwine bredwine1968 at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 20 07:25:23 PDT 2009

Thanks, Peter.  Solicitors are no euphemism, indeed.  Re your previous
comment about Durrell's denial of any suicidal impulses, I don't think
Durrell was always truthful about himself.  One of Haag's points is
that Durrell continually misrepresented himself.  In Haag's City of
Memory, I believe there's a passage where Eve says as much about her
husband, his propensity to distort.  In fact, I would go a step
further and say that his denial is good evidence for the opposite.
Here, I undoubtedly stand alone.

Bruce