[ilds] Dreams and Imaginary Worlds

Bruce Redwine bredwine1968 at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 14 15:37:37 PDT 2009

Charles,

The possibilities of the Amr allusion would not have occurred to me
had you not mentioned the ending to Part I of Justine.  That's the
value of discussion — goading one to think in new or alternative ways,
joggling the brain cells to make new connections.  I share your
enjoyment of Durrell's powerful imagination and the worlds he
creates.  I consider that his greatest gift, a true Romantic
disposition.  The real world be damned!

Bruce